Sunday, March 9, 2014
COMME des GARCONS SHIRT is one of the more accessible labels from the inspiring Japanese brand. While CDG Homme Plus is more adventurous, CDG SHIRT typically focuses on more conventional silhouettes. This season they have combined their familiar patchwork aesthetic with an image of a German Shepherd. The motif is available on a French-made button and up and t-shirt.
Available now at Tres Bien.
Read the rest of this entry »
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
1. Hender Scheme is a Japanese brand with a German sounding name
2. Their “Homage” Collection features a selection of footwear inspired by mass production shoe models
3. All of the pieces have been handmade in Japan from untreated leather that will age with wear
4. Inspirations include: Margiela, Adidas, New Balance, Vans and Nike.
5. Available now at HAVEN.
Monday, March 3, 2014
1. Nike is at the forefront of technical apparel for athletes
2. Undercover is Jun Takahashi’s brand that designs and fabricates menswear in Japan
3. They have been working together on a seasonal collection that brings together the best of design and performance
4. It is called GYAKUSOU. This translates to “running in reverse”.
5. The collection (including the Dri-FIT t-shirt pictured above) is available at 21 Mercer and Tres Bien
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Before Off White, when Virgil Abloh’s fashion brainchild was known as Pyrex Vision, we took part in the debate it spawned. The brand printed variations of “PYREX” and “23″ on accessible garments like Champion shorts, t-shirts and hoodies. They also printed their logo on Ralph Lauren Rugby button ups and sold them for luxury prices. It was controversial.
In the debate, we sided with Pyrex. They were bringing something new to the market. It was unadulterated branding. The recipe for the product was transparent. One could buy the same garments and print the same logos, but Pyrex had fans lining up outside of VFiles for a chance to own a piece.
Pyrex was doing something original and authentic.
Pyrex Vision has now evolved into Off White. The brand offers familiar aesthetics such as printed flannels, mesh shorts and graphic hoodies. Off White has taken the product to new levels with cut and sew garments produced in Italy. Virgil has now taken on the responsibility of bridging streetwear and luxury fashion. We are betting on his success.
From their debut collection, our personal favorite is the Blue Check Flannel shirt. In addition to a well executed design, the shirt also comes with a co-sign from Drake who recently picked one up in Paris.
Available now at Colette.
Monday, February 24, 2014
1. Hood By Air has been one of the most influential brands of the last year
2. Their linear designs and bold typography have inspired a new movement in streetwear
3. The Block design is the perfect example of HBA’s reinterpretation of surface area and graphic placement
4. A$AP Rocky is wearing this shirt in the video for A$AP Ferg’s Shabba
5. Available now at VFILES
Monday, February 17, 2014
1. Today, Colette becomes one of a handful of stockists for Drake’s OVO brand
2. They’re celebrating with a design exclusive: The Arabic Owl Hoodie
3. It’s great to see arabic calligraphy embraced into the world of fashion and streetwear
4. Drake will be at Colette for a meet/greet/signing on February 24th
5. Available now at Colette.
Thursday, February 13, 2014
1. Common Project’s makes the best shoes in the universe
2. Their Spring/Summer 2014 collection may be their best one to date
3. Our favorite new model is the Basketball High
4. They look like a premium version of the Jordan 1 for the minimalist man (from the future)
5. Available now through many exceptional stockists including Haven
Saturday, February 1, 2014
1. Riccardo Tisci has done a phenomenal job with Givenchy’s streetwear resurgence
2. Their graphics have successfully bridged the gap between luxury and street
3. Givenchy is now offering an amazing floral print in a range of new mediums
4. We think that you should buy a matching pair of shorts, pants, duffle bag and button up
5. Now available through SSENSE
Thursday, January 30, 2014
1. Here are a few shots from Cottweiler’s SS14 Lookbook
2. A young brand from London
3. Focused on simplicity, function and fit
4. We are betting on them for the coming seasons
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
1. Made in Japan
2. The Tanker Day Pack is modeled after the MA-1 Flight Jacket
3. We have used Porter products first hand for years. They are amazing.
4. The navy camouflage is a limited edition print for Porter’s 30th Anniversary
5. Available now through Oki-Ni